FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does subscription-based membership mean?
Our new subscription-based membership allows anyone to join our membership at anytime!
For half year subscriptions, billing will occur every six months on the day of purchase. For example, if you signed up for a half year subscription on March 1, 2024, your membership will be active until September 1, 2024. For monthly subscriptions, billing will occur every month on the day of purchase. If any subscription is purchased on the last day of the month, billing will happen the last day of every month. So if you made your purchase on the 31st and the next month has 28, 29, or 30 days, billing will occur on the last day of that month.
Your subscription will be set to auto-renew, so please be mindful of this when you sign up. You can view, manage, and cancel your membership subscription and view/update billing information in your member portal. If for any reason, your card cannot be billed on the day in which it is scheduled, our system will notify you via email and attempt three more times in the next three days for a successful charge. If all tries are unsuccessful, your membership subscription will be cancelled.
Can I sign up in-store?
Yes, but we strongly recommend signing up online.
How do I use my membership?
First, join the Facebook group! All communication about events, upcoming beer releases, fun things, etc. will take place on the Facebook group. To join the group: click the link above, the link in your welcome email, or go to our Facebook page, scroll down until you see “The Society of Distinguished Beer Wizards” group, and request access.
Use your benefits at both of our stores! Before you checkout, close your tab, or take advantage of your benefits, be sure to let our staff know your name (or phone number) so we can ensure you receive your benefits. This helps us determine which benefits you’re signed up for.
Use your discount benefits on our online store! See discount codes below. You will need to be signed into your account in order to use these discount codes.
What are the discount codes for the online store?
MONDAY50 - 25% off drafts to-go on Mondays and Thursdays
THURSDAY10 - 10% off all package items on Thursdays
MERCH25 - 25% off all TOB-branded merch
Can I purchase a membership for someone else?
Yes, absolutely! Our membership makes for a great birthday or holiday gift!
Your recipient's membership will be activated immediately after you purchase. While the membership will be under your recipient's name and email address, your billing information will remain on file for membership renewals. If you wish to have the membership activated at a later date, we recommend gifting them an e-gift card to purchase at their leisure.
Please be sure to add your gift recipient's full name and email address on the product page before adding to your cart.
I have more questions. What should I do?
Please shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook page and we’ll get those questions answered in a jiffy!
• Membership and benefits are not transferable.
• Discounts are applied to member’s purchases only.
• Membership discounts cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts.
• In the event our stores are closed on a day you would receive a benefit, we will post a "make up" day on our members-only Facebook page for members to receive their benefit.
• Sign-up draft beers are only redeemable with the e-gift card you receive at signup.
• All sales are final. No refunds, exchanges, or downgrades/upgrades.
• Discounts must be applied at checkout. We cannot apply discounts after transactions are complete.
• We hold the right to make any changes to our membership without notice and to revoke memberships.
• You may cancel your membership subscription at any time; however, there are no refunds for cancellation, and you understand and agree that you will not receive a refund or exchange for any unused time of your subscription according to the chosen preferences (either a monthly or a half year subscription).
• By purchasing a membership subscription, you agree to all of the terms of our membership program.